Marc Marquez: “Expectations vs. Reality” – Bagnaia and Martin are “too fast” according to F1 insights. Marc Marquez has tried to minimize expectations for the Gresini Ducati season in MotoGP, insisting that being at the same level as Francesco Bagnaia and Jorge Martin “will not be normal”. After a promising start for Ducati at the Valencia test in November, Marquez is currently seen by the bookmakers as the favorite for the 2024 title. This comes ahead of current champions Bagnaia and Martin. At the team presentation at Riccione, Marquez stated that his aim was to be fast on the track and improve his performance if possible, but stressed the importance of managing expectations. Marquez admitted there was a lot of pressure on him, but he wanted to focus on his own work in the garage and stay calm, especially at the start of the season. First of all, he expressed his desire to adapt to Ducati; because he was joining a team that had not won a race in the last two years and where Bagnaia and Martin had great success. Marquez said he could not expect to be at their level immediately when he joined the team and thought it would take time to get used to the bike and be competitive. Marc Marquez has opened the door to a possible return to MotoGP at Honda. Speaking at the Gresini Ducati team presentation on Saturday night, the eight-time world champion expressed his gratitude to Honda, saying “I hope our fates will cross again in the future”, but stressed that the decision was up to him depending on their future performances. Marquez signed a one-year deal with Gresini and will race alongside his brother Alex this season. Meanwhile, Marquez’s former teammate Joan Mir, who has struggled to cope with the RC213V’s shortcomings for several seasons, saw the 2024 Honda prototype as a real improvement in the Valencia test. Marquez, the most successful grand prix driver in Honda history with 59 victories, said he has no doubt that the factory will return to the top level, but the biggest question mark about how long this process will take is how long it will take. “Whether this would happen in a month, two years or a year was the biggest doubt,” Marquez said. “It was also a risk for my career. I thought the best option was to do it (join Gresini Ducati). ” But Honda is Honda. HRC will certainly deliver and get big results (eventually), but the biggest change they made so far was changing the project leader.”
Piastri Tipped for Success: ‘Will Surely Be a Champion’ Says F1 Experts
Aussie Youngster Oscar Piastri Primed to Challenge Verstappen, Experts Declare Ahead of 2024 F1 Season Oscar Piastri is under great expectations before entering his second season in Formula 1. Piastri, who exceeded expectations in his impressive first season at McLaren, is being called a future world champion by leading figures such as Bernie Ecclestone. Ecclestone, former F1 boss, has expressed his belief that Oscar Piastri has all the ingredients needed to win a world championship in Formula 1. Piastri, 22, has not only made his mark in the category but has also earned respect from veterans of the sport. In his first season, Piastri finished ninth in the drivers’ championship, ahead of many experienced drivers. His successful season was marked by two remarkable podiums and an impressive victory in the Sprint Race at the Qatar Grand Prix. By winning a race, even a sprint race, and finishing ahead of teammate Lando Norris, Piastri has made sure he is a talent worth keeping an eye on. Bernie Ecclestone’s encouraging words resonate amid rising expectations for McLaren for the 2024 season. Many believe that with Piastri and Norris the team could pose a serious challenge to the dominance of Red Bull and Max Verstappen over the last few seasons. Former F1 driver Ralf Schumacher has highlighted McLaren as a possible rival and voiced his support for Oscar Piastri. Schumacher praised Piastri’s impressive performance in qualifying despite being a rookie, praising his consistency and emphasizing that he could challenge Verstappen, especially if the car was competitive. Expectations for 2024 center around Piastri, who is expected to shine especially in the qualifying rounds. Although his ability to manage race conditions is an area where he wants to improve, his impressive performance in his first season has caught the attention of many Formula 1 players. As fans prepare for the new season, the rise of Oscar Piastri creates an exciting story. The combination of Ecclestone’s accolades, McLaren’s promising outlook and Piastri’s undeniable talent suggests the Australian is on track to become a prominent figure in Formula 1. As the anticipation for the new season increases, all eyes are on Piastri and his quest for success on the F1 tracks. The question that remains is whether he can turn optimistic predictions into reality and become the champion many believe he is destined for.
Wolff warns: ‘I think it’s going to be very different’ – Mercedes faces a big challenge in 2024 after Lewis Hamilton and George Russell’s team failed to win a race in the previous Formula 1 season.
Mercedes faces a big challenge in the 2024 season, as Lewis Hamilton and George Russell’s team had never won a race in the previous Formula 1 season. Toto Wolff is aware of this, but is cautiously optimistic about the first signals from W15 in the simulator. Mercedes, which was completely disappointed with the W13’s ‘zeropod’ concept in 2022, decided to develop the car, but this turned out to be a disappointment after the 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix, Wolff said. The Austrian stated that the steering has been completely changed and the car will be radically transformed. In the same year, this approach did not bring a victory, but positive voices for 2024 are echoing so far. Sky Sports analyst Anthony Davidson, who is still doing simulator work for Mercedes, said the car – at least in the simulator – felt much better than last year. Wolff: ‘I think it will be very different’ “He was driving in Melbourne and he said: ‘The car feels like a car for the first time in two years,’” Wolff told The Telegraph. “Obviously I would like it to be compatible with the track, but we have seen over the last two years that this is not always the case,” says the team boss, who is also aware that actions speak louder than words. However, Wolff is confident that his team will perform better in many areas this year. “The way it was determined a few years ago, we interpreted it very conservatively. And we’ve seen other teams do it a different way. So pay attention to that area. I think it’s going to be very different,” he warns. Toto Wolff warned his drivers to manage expectations at a critical time for Mercedes for the 2024 season. This year, for the first time in over a decade, the Silver Arrows did not win a single race. Personally, Lewis Hamilton is now winless in over two years since he last took the top step at that season’s penultimate race in Saudi Arabia. He and George Russell will be keen to win again next year. But given how dominant they have been in the last two campaigns, this will be a big challenge. Asked about Mercedes’ biggest challenge in 2024, team boss Wolff explained in a video broadcast that he does not want his colleagues and subordinates to not have their heads in the clouds. “It’s setting the expectations right, because we have a big mountain to climb,” Toto Wolff replied. “We have a very successful team and we have a big gap to close. At the same time, I believe we are taking proactive steps to close that gap. “Will it be enough? I don’t know – but we’ll see in testing and then in the first race in Bahrain. I’m super excited. I’d like to start going now. The stopwatch will show us what we’ve done.”
Max Verstappen takes first win of 2024 and discusses Lewis Hamilton rivalry – F1 news roundup.
Max Verstappen started 2024 with a victory, but this time it was not on real Formula 1 tracks. The three-time world champion scored his first victory of the year at iRacing’s 24 Hours of Daytona, competing in the GTD class. He was behind the wheel of the Team Redline GT3 car and raced alongside Gianni Vecchio and Ole Steinbraten on the virtual Daytona circuit as one of many three-man teams over a full 24-hour period. In the GTD class, fielding the slowest cars behind the faster GTP and LMP2 prototypes, Verstappen and his teammates had to manage a race where they had to be overtaken almost constantly. But the three-time F1 World Champion and his teammates still took victory in their 12-car category. While celebrating this virtual victory, Max Verstappen spoke about his relationship with long-term rival Lewis Hamilton. In an interview, Verstappen emphasized that he and Hamilton are “just normal guys” when they are in a private setting. This is an interesting revelation that illuminates the dynamic between the two pilots, despite the intense rivalry they share on the tracks. Verstappen’s virtual victory at the iRacing 24 Hours of Daytona certainly adds a new element to the narrative of the 2024 season and shows that the Red Bull driver is sharp not only on real tracks, but also in simulations. But it’s not just Verstappen who makes the headlines. Former F1 team owner Eddie Jordan shared his views on the rivalry between Verstappen, Hamilton and Fernando Alonso. Jordan argues that Verstappen may have difficulty keeping up with the pace due to the ages of Hamilton and Alonso. He emphasizes that Charles Leclerc and Lando Norris are the only names who can resist the triple champion. Additionally, David Coulthard has floated the idea of introducing a second tire supplier into F1. Coulthard claimed that a second supplier would bring a natural “competitive change” to some tracks, providing a more exciting spectacle. As Verstappen chases victory, F1 news covers a variety of topics, from rivalry with Hamilton to tire wars. Certainly, 2024 looks set to be an exciting year in the world of Formula 1 on both real and virtual tracks.
Max Verstappen takes first win of 2024 and discusses Lewis Hamilton rivalry – F1 news roundup.
Max Verstappen started 2024 with a victory, but this time it was not on real Formula 1 tracks. The three-time world champion scored his first victory of the year at iRacing’s 24 Hours of Daytona, competing in the GTD class. He was behind the wheel of the Team Redline GT3 car and raced alongside Gianni Vecchio and Ole Steinbraten on the virtual Daytona circuit as one of many three-man teams over a full 24-hour period. In the GTD class, fielding the slowest cars behind the faster GTP and LMP2 prototypes, Verstappen and his teammates had to manage a race where they had to be overtaken almost constantly. But the three-time F1 World Champion and his teammates still took victory in their 12-car category. While celebrating this virtual victory, Max Verstappen spoke about his relationship with long-term rival Lewis Hamilton. In an interview, Verstappen emphasized that he and Hamilton are “just normal guys” when they are in a private setting. This is an interesting revelation that illuminates the dynamic between the two pilots, despite the intense rivalry they share on the tracks. Verstappen’s virtual victory at the iRacing 24 Hours of Daytona certainly adds a new element to the narrative of the 2024 season and shows that the Red Bull driver is sharp not only on real tracks, but also in simulations. But it’s not just Verstappen who makes the headlines. Former F1 team owner Eddie Jordan shared his views on the rivalry between Verstappen, Hamilton and Fernando Alonso. Jordan argues that Verstappen may have difficulty keeping up with the pace due to the ages of Hamilton and Alonso. He emphasizes that Charles Leclerc and Lando Norris are the only names who can resist the triple champion. Additionally, David Coulthard has floated the idea of introducing a second tire supplier into F1. Coulthard claimed that a second supplier would bring a natural “competitive change” to some tracks, providing a more exciting spectacle. As Verstappen chases victory, F1 news covers a variety of topics, from rivalry with Hamilton to tire wars. Certainly, 2024 looks set to be an exciting year in the world of Formula 1 on both real and virtual tracks.
“I am too old to wait”: Alex Palou, 2023 IndyCar champion, on F1 dreams shattered amid contractual woes with McLaren
Alex Palou’s dream of joining Formula 1 came to an abrupt end as he faced contract problems and legal disputes. The 2023 IndyCar champion expressed his disappointment with the following words: “I’m too old now to wait and see and wait for someone to get injured so I can get my chance in F1.” Palou revealed in an interview with The Associated Press that he was trying to win a place in Formula 1 by cooperating with McLaren and making great efforts, amid a contract war between the Ganassi and McLaren teams. But now he thinks his F1 ambitions have collapsed. “Despite all this dedicated work with McLaren in the hope of securing a seat in Formula 1, there was no sign to me that anything would open up,” said Palou, especially after the simulator tests. The Spanish pilot, who won his second IndyCar championship in 2023, is at the center of a contract dispute between Ganassi and McLaren teams. Although he initially stated that he wanted to move to Arrow McLaren SP in 2023, Ganassi’s contract option led to a process of mediation and agreement and a deal was struck that provided Palou with the opportunity to become a reserve driver for the F1 team. Palou then changed his mind and decided to stay with Ganassi for the 2023 season, where he dominated the field in IndyCar. This move resulted in a lawsuit in which McLaren sought significant damages. Palou’s legal response acknowledged the breach but sought to quantify damages and sought to distract from an amount he would have difficulty paying. Although McLaren appointed Pato O’Ward as their F1 reserve driver following Palou’s departure, the 26-year-old IndyCar driver appears unaffected. Palou said: “We will fight for as many championships if possible, and we will fight for as many championships and the Indianapolis 500 if possible.” As admitted by Palou himself, his focus remains on the difficulties with Ganassi Racing. Palou, who found a spot in the Daytona Rolex 24 at the last minute, drove the Cadillac V-Series.R No. for Cadillac Racing amidst all the contract wrangling. He demonstrated his skills by recording the fastest lap in the night session with 01. At a time when his Formula 1 dreams have collapsed, Alex Palou continues to shine on the IndyCar circuit, focusing on future races. Although the Spaniard has been hampered by contractual hurdles, he remains determined to overcome difficulties and achieve success.