article-img

Ducati accused of ditching crucial strategy – “I wouldn’t have done it…”

9 months ago By Sports Desk

Ducati, one of MotoGP’s most iconic teams, was recently accused of abandoning the strategy that turned Pecco Bagnaia into a world champion. The arrival of Marc Márquez in the factory team next season represents a clear change of direction, moving away from the development of young talents like Bagnaia to betting on already established names.

Ducati’s New Management

Carlo Pernat, manager of Enea Bastianini, who will be replaced by Márquez, openly criticized the change in strategy of Ducati leaders, including Gigi Dall’Igna. In an interview with Motosprint, Pernat said: “Everyone has the right to do what they want at home, obviously, given that there are strategies that we may not know completely. However, the youth policy, carried out since post-Dovizioso, has been disavowed, and this has so far borne fruit.”

Pernat stressed that the abrupt change in strategy, sidelining promising young talents like Bastianini and Jorge Martin to bring in a 31-year-old veteran, was a controversial decision. “They let go of two drivers aged 26 and 27 (Bastianini and Martin) to hire a 31-year-old, who, however, is called Marc Márquez,” Pernat said. “I wouldn’t have done it, given that the strategy used recently worked.”

Recruitment History

Ducati has already had negative experiences with high-profile hires such as Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi. After these failed attempts, the team adopted a strategy of developing young talent, culminating in the end of a 15-year titleless period when Bagnaia won the championship in 2022. Bagnaia has the opportunity this year to win his third consecutive title, competing against other Ducati riders.

Although the decision to hire Márquez could be seen as a unique opportunity, the change in leadership raises questions about the effectiveness of this new approach. “We are now aiming to have two big names together, and that is good,” admitted Pernat. However, the move is causing debate over whether Ducati is taking too many risks by abandoning a proven strategy.

The Future of Ducati and Márquez

With the arrival of Márquez, Ducati hopes to raise its competitive level, leveraging the experience and skills of one of MotoGP’s greatest riders. Márquez will join Bagnaia on the official team, both benefiting from updated equipment and significant improvements.

This change in strategy is a bold move that could redefine the team’s future. If successful, the combination of Márquez and Bagnaia could usher in an era of dominance for Ducati. However, in the event of failure, the decision to abandon young talent in favor of a veteran could be seen as a significant strategic error.


The controversy surrounding Ducati’s new management highlights the challenges and complex decisions facing MotoGP teams. With the current season still underway, Ducati remains focused on current competitions while preparing for an uncertain future full of expectations and challenges. The decision to hire Márquez will be tested on the tracks, and only time will tell if this change will bring the desired results to the team.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
More Recommendations
Unlock a World of Endless Discoveries: Your Personalized Recommendation Engine
article-image

During the race weekend at Mugello, it seemed certain that Jorge Martin would move to Ducati’s factory team in 2025… Read More

9 months ago Sports Desk
article-image

SILVERSTONE, England, August 4 – The British MotoGP sprint race at Silverstone offered an exciting spectacle that not only highlighted… Read More

8 months ago Sports Desk
article-image

In the world of motorsports, particularly in MotoGP, Austrian motorcycle manufacturer KTM has been a significant player, known for its… Read More

3 weeks ago Jhon Trevor
article-image

In a stunning display of dominance , Max Verstappen won the Las Vegas Grand Prix once again, securing his record-tying… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

Formula One fever is gripping fans worldwide as we approach the 15th round of the season, the Italian Grand Prix…. Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

Anglo-Thai F1 racer Alex Albon’s performances during the 2023 season with Williams, the British racing team has sparked discussions and… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
Stories Going Viral
Unleashing the Power of Stories
article-image

In the high-speed world of rally racing, Elfyn Evans, the talented Welsh driver, had his sights set on a historic… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

Renowned Formula 1 pundit Martin Brundle has issued an interesting warning suggesting that Mercedes could favor George Russell over Lewis… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

Team Gresini is firm in its decision to turn down the opportunity to become a Yamaha satellite team for the… Read More

10 months ago Sports Desk
article-image

The 2023 Italian Grand Prix will go down in Formula 1 history as the race where Max Verstappen, the reigning… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

As the MotoGP season continues, speculation about the rider market is in full swing, especially regarding the Aprilia team. The… Read More

11 months ago Sports Desk
article-image

With a growing number of audiences, the JunioGp has reached new heights in recent times. As the next season readies… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
Join Our Exclusive Newsletter and Stay in the Loop!
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x