article-img

American MotoGP Star Joe Roberts Suffers Injury as Teams Pursue His Signature

8 months ago By Sports Desk

Joe Roberts, considered the United States’ best hope to become a future MotoGP rider, suffered a broken collarbone after an accident in Assen. Despite the setback, his manager, John Hopkins, assures him that the injury will not affect his chances of securing a MotoGP contract for 2025.

Roberts had a significant crash during practice in Assen last Friday, resulting in a broken collarbone. Determined, he showed up at the garage and emphatically removed a “get well soon” message, but the rules prevented him from competing in the rest of the round. However, Hopkins revealed that two teams are in negotiations to secure Roberts’ signature, one more than previously thought.

“We are talking to a couple of teams at the moment,” Hopkins told TNT Sports. “One in particular, literally during lunch [on Friday], went extremely well.”

These teams are not expected to be deterred by Roberts’ broken collarbone. “Injuries are injuries, not something that can be technically blamed on the rider,” Hopkins said. “I don’t think it’s going to affect that much. We are still pushing for that MotoGP ride. But more importantly, we want him to win the championship. He is focused on the present. I am focused on his future. We are doing the best we can. I can’t give any full updates yet. But we are working hard on it.”

The team most seriously linked to Roberts is Trackhouse, the Aprilia satellite project that, after a rebranding this year, is now US-owned. Trackhouse has yet to confirm any riders for 2025.

Hopkins detailed Roberts’ surgery: “I spent the whole night and all [Saturday] morning with Joe. He had a plate and screws put into his right collarbone. It’s a shame; he was on fire. He had only done two laps on soft tyres before the accident. It was just a small slide. Nothing he hasn’t had before. It just slid a little too much; combined with the wind, it was a bad impact, and he came down awkwardly. That’s racing.”

Roberts hoped to compete 48 hours later, but the rules prevented that ambition. “Honestly, Joe is a competitor,” Hopkins said. “The first words out of his mouth were, ‘I’m going to f***** race tomorrow.’ Obviously, there is a 48-hour ban on general anaesthesia until you can race, which is a good thing. But immediately, I said, ‘Let’s concentrate on Sachsenring.’ He has every intention of coming back to Sachsenring and riding as well as he can.”

The next round in Germany, next week, could realistically see Roberts’ return to action. Joe Roberts’ determination and resilience not only inspire fans but also reinforce his potential as a rising star in MotoGP.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
More Recommendations
Unlock a World of Endless Discoveries: Your Personalized Recommendation Engine
article-image

The 2025 Formula 1 season has kicked off with a whirlwind of surprises, and none is more shocking than Red… Read More

5 days ago Jhon Trevor
article-image

The Formula 1 2023 World Championship has reached a crucial juncture, and the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka delivered a… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

Mercedes is trying to unravel the mystery of an interesting feature of the Red Bull RB20, as admitted by technical… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

Monster Energy’s Move to McLaren has impacted Lewis Hamilton in a significant way.American Energy drink giant Monster Energy recently announced… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

McLaren Boss Unveils Lando Norris’s Transfer Fee:-In recent news, McLaren CEO Zak Brown has unveiled Lando Norris’s Transfer Fee to… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

The 2023 MotoGP Australian Grand Prix was a high-octane spectacle, marked by extreme winds and unexpected victories. Johann Zarco finally… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
Stories Going Viral
Unleashing the Power of Stories
article-image

Continuing its legacy of innovation, Haas has unveiled the VF-24, the first Formula 1 car to cross the 2024 mark…. Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

 Andrea Iannone, the renowned Italian motorcycle racer, is once again in the spotlight during the WorldSBK rumor season. After making… Read More

8 months ago Sports Desk
article-image

Brad Binder, KTM’s lead rider in MotoGP, recently admitted that some of the problems the team has faced in 2024… Read More

7 months ago Sports Desk
article-image

Behind the scenes in Formula 1, there is a growing debate about what Marc Marquez can achieve when he is… Read More

1 years ago Sports Desk
article-image

2024 NASCAR Wurth 400 at Dover Motor Speedway: Complete Results The NASCAR Wurth 400 race at Dover Motor Speedway was… Read More

11 months ago Sports Desk
article-image

Fabio Quartararo’s contract renewal with Yamaha for the 2025 season has had a major impact on the MotoGP transfer market,… Read More

12 months ago Sports Desk
Join Our Exclusive Newsletter and Stay in the Loop!
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x